Followers

Sunday 3 January 2016

The Flawless 3.

Hi guys! 

We all want that flawless foundation, that has great staying power, doesn't patch in the day and leave us looking miserable. So tonight I am bringing you my top 3 foundations of all time! I want to share these with you so that you can share the greatness and maybe even save yourself some money by finding the perfect foundation!




For me personally, I have fair skin- I am cool toned and have a pink undertone to my skin, so I find it difficult to find a foundation that has a perfect match. The 3 that made the cut where, MAC studio fix fluid with SPF 15, NARS Sheer Glow and Revlon Colorstay. 

Lets star the top 3 with my favorite, NARS Sheer Glow. This steals light for me, I get this shade in Light 3, Golbi. The reason I love this foundation so much is because it is so lightweight, it has a medium coverage and just leaves your skin with such a flawless finish. More often than not I like a foundation that gives me a dewy finish and this does, just that! I would recommend this foundation for people who have dry skin, because it gives off a dewy finish. A little on the pricey side, completely worth it though. 

Number 2 would have to be Revlon Colorstay. The first thing I have to say about this is that it is super afforadable! You can purchase this at almost every drugstore, such as Boots and Superdrug. I get this foundation in the shade Ivory 110. The good thing that I found about this foundation is that it comes in a lot of shades and is suited for all skin types as you can get it for, oily skin types, dry or combined skin types, a great selection really! On my paler days this is the best match for me. It has a medium/high coverage  I would say and it is very buildable. However I find when trying to blend this foundation out with a beauty blender it is not as seamless as if you were to blend it with a brush. My brush of preference is the Real Techniques Buffing brush. 

Last but certainly not least is MAC studio fix fluid. I love this foundation and reach for it a lot, however I go through periods of hating it. Sometimes I feel it makes me look really washed out and the colour does not match my skin at all; those days do not last long at all! Maybe it is just me being picky... I get this shade in NC10 which is the lightest shade that they do. There are a lot of varieties of shades in this foundation so it is suitable for a lot of skin types. This foundation has the thickest formula and for that reason it is definitely full coverage. A dupe for this would definitely be the Revlon colorstay, it feels the same when applying and gives a similar finish on the skin. 

I hope that this has give you some insight on some foundations that you may or may not have tried! I would recommend any of these 3, they are great! Let me know what your top 3 foundations are or if you have any recommendations for me?

Love Alisha xo


No comments:

Post a Comment